Emergency Rental Assistance Program Update
Total requests for assistance exceed available federal funding for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
As of November 14, 2021 at 10:00 p.m. applications for ERAP are only being accepted in the two categories listed below. Funding is not guaranteed.
1. Tenants in the following areas where allocations have not yet been exhausted may apply for ERAP:
- Dutchess County
- Nassau County (not including the towns of Hempstead or Oyster Bay)
- Niagara County
- Oneida County
- Saratoga County
- Suffolk County (not including the towns of Brookhaven or Islip)
- Westchester County (not including the city of Yonkers)
Areas are expected to be removed from the above list as funds are exhausted.
2. Households in any part of the state with income over 80 percent and up to 120 percent of area median income can still apply for state-funded emergency rental assistance.
The screening questions at the beginning of the ERAP application will determine if you are eligible to apply. Property owners/landlords may continue to complete owner accounts and previously submitted tenant applicants may continue to upload required documentation.